Bill Ransom’s preferred personal appearances include:
- Fiction and poetry readings
- Classroom visits–preference for classes who meet together regularly
- Writing workshops, small, ten to twelve participants
- Panel or group discussions focused on writing and revision, collaborative work and hybrid projects with multiple genres in one book
- One-on-one manuscript critiques in person or via document sharing
For classroom or workshop visits, Bill asks students and instructors to read at least one of his poems and one of his short stories in advance, which he will provide. He has taught writing at every level from second grade to graduate school. He enjoys hosting workshops and discussions at writers’ conferences.
Writing comes before publishing, so writing is always the focus. Bill avoids formal speeches, but he enjoys unleashing a white-board chat on the relative powers of elements of language when necessary.
For travel: at cost, both ways.
For manuscript critiques: the same hourly wage as the writer seeking critique.
For author appearances: negotiable but must include travel expenses.
To book an appearance or for any questions, please contact Bill directly.